Would you like something to be added to the list? Let us know on our discussion board or in the comments below.
GAME DESIGN PATTERNS
- Enemy Mechanics – A post on Reddit about enemy mechanics for retro styled games.
- Game Mechanic Explorer (interactive)
A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING
- Aseprite – Animation sprite editor & pixel art tool.
- GraphicsGale – Animation graphic editor.
- Sprite Lamp – Sprite Lamp is a software tool to help game developers combine 2D art with dynamic lighting effects, through the creation of hand drawn normal maps.
- AutoTileGen – AutoTileGen makes creating 2D terrain tilesets a breeze and works in Windows, Mac and Linux.
- Pyxel Edit – pixel art drawing application especially designed for working with tiles.